Load factor stabilises as AirTran trims capacity
AirTran Airways reported a 0.3% year-on-year increase in passenger traffic in Apr-2009, transporting 1.9 million passengers. The LCC had a strong increase in passenger load factor to 80.4% in Apr-2009, up 6.5 ppts year-on-year. [1289 words]
Unlock the following content in this report:
- No acquisitions ahead, while a profitable year is forecast
- Focuses on profitable routes
- Commences Milwaukee expansion
Graphs and data:
- AirTran passenger numbers growth (% change year-on-year) and passenger load factors (%): Mar-08 to Feb-09
- AirTran capacity (ASM) plan for 2009
- AirTran Airways capacity growth (ASMs) and revenue growth (RPM): May-08 to Apr-09
- AirTran Airways fleet plans: 2009 to 2016
- AirTran Airways new services 2009 (as of 06-May-09)
- AirTran Milwaukee operations: current and upcoming service
Please login to continue reading or find out more about CAPA Membership below.
This content is exclusively for CAPA Membership Subscribers
CAPA Membership gives you the latest aviation news and alerts, access to CAPA articles, reports, and our leading aviation data with optional premium add-ons.