Jetstar the jewel in Qantas’ crown – but Group yield is disastrous across the board
Traffic highlights for the Qantas Group for Sep-2009 show overall passenger numbers up 6.6%, which masks a less than rosy outcome for the parent, which is saved by the excellent performance of its LCC offshoot, Jetstar. [1927 words]
Unlock the following content in this report:
- New Zealand domestic passenger levy resisted, as marginal market share gains made
- Jetstar accelerates A320 deliveries
- Fiji capacity split a disappointment
- Europe and other long-haul destinations in the offing
- Industrial unrest an unwanted distraction, with political meddling
Graphs and data:
- Domestic New Zealand capacity share by carrier (seats per week as % of total): 2009
- Domestic New Zealand capacity share by carrier (seats per week as % of total): 2008
- Trans-Tasman (Australia to New Zealand) air service
- Monthly seats for Tran-Tasman service (one way)
Please login to continue reading or find out more about CAPA Membership below.
This content is exclusively for CAPA Membership Subscribers
CAPA Membership gives you the latest aviation news and alerts, access to CAPA articles, reports, and our leading aviation data with optional premium add-ons.