Indian carriers “starting to make money”; regional growth expected: A look at India’s airlines
IATA, in its Financial Forecast for Sep-2010, commented that while India has “had some major problems”, the nation’s airlines are “now also starting to make some money”, with traffic growth in the Asia Pacific region being boosted by a resurgence in domestic traffic in the Indian market. [2826 words]
Unlock the following content in this report:
- Losses of USD400m for the sector in 2010; heavy debt burden of USD13b
- Tremendous market potential
- IATA calls for end to international travel service tax; foreign ownership limits
- Major airlines supported by a number of smaller players in the market
Graphs and data:
- A summary of India’s airlines: Sep-2010
Please login to continue reading or find out more about CAPA Membership below.
This content is exclusively for CAPA Membership Subscribers
CAPA Membership gives you the latest aviation news and alerts, access to CAPA articles, reports, and our leading aviation data with optional premium add-ons.