Hong Kong Airlines to order A380 at Paris Air Show
Hong Kong Airlines Ltd spokeswoman Eva Chan stated the carrier would announce either a firm order or a Letter of Intent for an undisclosed number of A380s at the Paris Airshow next week. "Our senior executives are liaising the terms with Airbus on the A380 purchase, and they have yet to decide on the number of aircraft for the Airbus Superjumbo," Ms Chan said in an interview with Dow Jones Newswire. The decision for the relatively unknown Hong Kong Airlines adds further weight to its efforts to become a formidable competitor for Cathay Pacific over the next decade. [1212 words]
Unlock the following content in this report:
- Expanding internationally amid rising demand in the Greater China region
- To become third new A380 customer this year
- 38-aircraft Boeing order to be confirmed at Paris Air Show
- Hong Kong Airlines confirms Hong Kong IPO in 2012
- Hong Kong Airlines – a name to watch in coming years
Graphs and data:
- Hong Kong Airlines capacity by region (13-Jun-2011 to 19-Jun-2011)
- Hong Kong Airlines top ten routes (13-Jun-2011 to 19-Jun-2011)
- Hong Kong Airlines fleet profile: Jun-2011
- Hong Kong International Airport capacity (seats per week, to/from) by carrier (13-Jun-2011 to 19-Jun-2011)
Please login to continue reading or find out more about CAPA Membership below.
This content is exclusively for CAPA Membership Subscribers
CAPA Membership gives you the latest aviation news and alerts, access to CAPA articles, reports, and our leading aviation data with optional premium add-ons.