flydubai moving towards breakeven in “next couple of years”
At the Dubai Air Show, flydubai CEO, Ghaith Al Ghaith, denied the carrier plans to order any further aircraft, despite rumours to this effect. Mr Al Ghaith speaking with Emirates Business 24/7 (18-Nov-2009) stated that, “we are not taking on any more aircraft, as our current fleet keeps us quite busy. We have already received delivery of five, with the sixth one arriving in December; another seven will be handed over to us next year”. [1213 words]
Unlock the following content in this report:
- Continues expansion into markets outside the Middle East
- New service to Bahrain
- 11th destination: Kathmandu
- Where to after Kathmandu: Somalia?
- flydubai secures fleet financing and technical agreements at the Dubai Air Show
Graphs and data:
- Dubai-Bahrain capacity (seats) and frequency breakdown by carrier per week
- Bahrain International Airport LCC capacity (seats per week)
Please login to continue reading or find out more about CAPA Membership below.
This content is exclusively for CAPA Membership Subscribers
CAPA Membership gives you the latest aviation news and alerts, access to CAPA articles, reports, and our leading aviation data with optional premium add-ons.