European White Paper offers some hope for ailing aviation sector but still favours rail
At the end of Mar-2011 the European Commission published its White Paper on Transport, outlining plans to operate aviation in "an environmentally sustainable way" over the next 40 years. It is a weighty document and one that rubs shoulders with individual members’ own policy documents, for example the UK’s airport strategy White Paper, which is (over)-due at some time in 2012. [2793 words]
Unlock the following content in this report:
- Uneven balance of transport infrastructure between east and west
- Call for improved multimodal networks
- Need to avoid comprising Europe’s ‘global aviation hub’ aspirations
- The strategy – what needs to be done
- EUR1.5 trillion bill for EU infrastructure development
- Extension of the policy beyond boundaries
- Jankovec: rail is not enough
Please login to continue reading or find out more about CAPA Membership below.
This content is exclusively for CAPA Membership Subscribers
CAPA Membership gives you the latest aviation news and alerts, access to CAPA articles, reports, and our leading aviation data with optional premium add-ons.