Europe Traffic Watch - Capacity divide: Network carriers’ shrinking; LCCs growing
Europe’s two largest LCCs, Ryanair and easyJet, remain bullish on the back of a strong set of traffic figures for Sep-08 and Oct-08. However, the majority of the carriers’ smaller rivals and higher-cost competitors are not so optimistic. [586 words]
Unlock the following content in this report:
- Oct-08: Ryanair reports highest load factor in intra-European market
- easyJet and Finnair go against the trend with Oct-08 load factor improvement
- easyJet and Ryanair continue on passenger growth path...
- ...while full service rivals report traffic weakness
Graphs and data:
- European carriers' passenger numbers and growth on European routes: Oct-08
- Selected European airlines' load factors (%) and load factor growth (year-on-year % change): Oct-08
- Select European airlines' passenger traffic (mill) and passenger growth (year-on-year % change): Oct-08
Please login to continue reading or find out more about CAPA Membership below.
This content is exclusively for CAPA Membership Subscribers
CAPA Membership gives you the latest aviation news and alerts, access to CAPA articles, reports, and our leading aviation data with optional premium add-ons.