Emirates: Review of 2008/09 financial performance
Emirates’ financial result for the full year 2008/09 – a net profit of approximately USD268 million - stands out among a host of negative reports from airlines across the world and the increasingly stiff competition in the Middle East. It is greatly reduced from the previous year’s record profit of USD1.45 billion, but, in the two worlds of 2008/09 – from soaring fuel prices to slumping demand – this was no mean performance. [1519 words]
Unlock the following content in this report:
- Aircraft orders and future growth
- Emirates expanding its presence in India and the Middle East
- And not just India
- The Outlook
Graphs and data:
- Emirates financial & traffic highlights for the 12 months ended 31-Mar-2009
- Emirates Airline net profit margin (%): 2003-04 to 2008-09
- Emirates Airlines RPK growth and PLF: 2004/05 to 2008/09
- Emirates Airline yield and unit costs
- Emirates airline ASK graph and cargo load factor: 2004/05 to 2008/08
Please login to continue reading or find out more about CAPA Membership below.
This content is exclusively for CAPA Membership Subscribers
CAPA Membership gives you the latest aviation news and alerts, access to CAPA articles, reports, and our leading aviation data with optional premium add-ons.