Shares in Dufry dropped 7.4% in trading yesterday, even though the company reported net profit more than tripled to EUR90.5 million. Revenue increased 9.7% year-on-year. Dufry's cash stockpile declined 80% during 2010. The company's outlook is for short to medium-term growth above 4-5% and it will seek to create new growth opportunities through acquisitions
Dufry financial highlights for the 12 months ended 31-Dec-2010:
- Revenue: 2027 million, +9.7% year-on-year;
- EBITDA: EUR266.4 million, +13.9%;
- Net profit: EUR90.5 million, +202.9%;
- Total assets: EUR1661 million, -19.3%;
- Cash and cash equivalents: EUR62.6 million, -80.1%;
- Total liabilities: EUR1028 million, -19.9%.
* Based on the conversion rate EUR1 = CHF1.28775
Selected Duty Free daily share price movements (% change): 24-Mar-2011
Want more analysis like this? CAPA Membership gives you access to all news and analysis on the site, along with access to many areas of our comprehensive databases and toolsets.
Find out more and take a free trial.