Traffic at London Heathrow was down 9.5% in Dec-2010, with the severe weather estimated to have cost BAA GBP24 million. The airport operator has pledged to spend GBP10 million on new snow equipment.
BAA passenger traffic highlights for 2010:
- London Heathrow: 65.7 million, -0.2%;
- London Stansted: 18.6 million, -7.0%;
- Southhampton: 1.7 million, -3.2%;
- Glasgow: 6.5 million, -9.6%;
- Edinburgh: 8.6 million, -5.0%;
- Aberdeen: 2.8 million, -7.4%.
Shares in Ferrovial were up 3% yesterday.
Elsewhere, Mexico’s MOA reports Dec-2010 traffic rose 1.8%, with international passenger numbers surging 8% but domestic traffic up only 0.5%. For the full-year 2010, OMA reports traffic rose 0.6% to 11.6 million passengers. Domestic traffic fell 0.5% over the year to 9.7 million passengers, while international traffic increased 6.7% to 1.9 million. Shares in OMA were up 0.9% in trading yesterday. Shares in fellow Mexican airport operator GAP fell 3.4%.
Selected airport daily share price movements (% change): 12-Jan-2011