NEW YORK (American Express) - American Express today announced that it has enhanced its Membership Rewards program with the addition of Private Jet Rewards, a new luxury travel redemption option allowing Cardmembers to redeem points for private jet travel through Bombardier Skyjet and Flexjet.
Now through December 31, 2005, Cardmembers redeeming points for private jet travel can take advantage of a special introductory redemption offer* to redeem 195,000 points for a $5,000 credit toward the purchase of a private jet flight – a savings of 50% off the number of points typically required. Cardmembers can redeem
points for up to a $20,000 credit and receive a 50% savings during the introductory period:
• To receive a $10,000 credit toward the purchase of a private jet flight, Cardmembers redeem 390,000 points vs. the 768,000 points typically required.
• To receive a $15,000 credit toward the purchase of a private jet flight, Cardmembers redeem 585,000 points vs. the 1,152,000 points typically required.
• To receive a $20,000 credit toward the purchase of a private jet flight, Cardmembers redeem 780,000 points vs. the 1,536,000 points typically required.
The Private Jet Rewards program enables Cardmembers to choose when and how they'll fly when booking their next trip. It also gives them access to thousands of airports – domestic and international – that are unavailable to commercial airlines. Cardmembers can choose from two private jet services from Bombardier:
• Bombardier Skyjet – This convenient, pay-as-you-fly charter service enables Cardmembers to experience the luxury of private jet travel, while paying on a flight-by-flight basis. Plus, Cardmembers have access to the Skyjet Personal Jet Concierge, a dedicated point-of-contact to assist with all arrangements connected to booking their flight.
• Bombardier Flexjet – This premier fractional ownership program offers the Flexjet Membership Card, which is the ideal solution for Cardmembers who fly less than 50 hours per year but desire the exclusive aircraft, crew and personalized service that Flexjet provides. The Flexjet Membership Card is a perfect next step for those who are considering private jet ownership or who want to supplement their current flying needs. With Flexjet Membership, travelers can purchase flying time in 25-hour increments on the Flexjet fleet of Learjet 45, Learjet 60 and Challenger 604 aircraft. In addition to being able to redeem points for the Flexjet Membership Card, American Express Cardmembers who are also Flexjet fractional owners can redeem points for Flexjet flight hours through the Versatility Plus Program.
For more information about the Private Jet Rewards option, or to redeem points for private jet travel, cardmembers can call the Membership Rewards program toll free number, 1-800-AXP-EARN (297-3276) and select the Land and Sea Vacations desk option. A team of dedicated private jet specialists with American Express Consumer Travel can help Cardmembers choose the option that will best suite their needs as well as assist with arrangements for booking private jet travel.
American Express is a CAPA Member. For more information on the Centre for Asia Pacific Aviation's membership service, please click the icon below.
Want more analysis like this? CAPA Membership gives you access to all news and analysis on the site, along with access to many areas of our comprehensive databases and toolsets.
Find out more and take a free trial.