AirTran Airways takes action in difficult operating environment
AirTran Airways has reduced its workforce by 169 pilots, as part of plans to gain USD16 million in labour savings by reducing its workforce by more than 5% (equating to approximately 280 job reductions).
Unlock the following content in this report:
- Downgraded by Standard and Poor's on liquidity and profitability concerns
- Reports all-time record August traffic
- Capacity growth slows as priority shifts to profitability
- Orlando headquarters agreement in doubt
- Requests expansion authority to launch service to Cancun
Graphs and data:
- North American airline employee cuts summary: at Sep-08
- AirTran operating margin (%): 2Q05 to 2Q08
- AirTran monthly passenger traffic (millions) and load factor (%): 12 months to 31-May-07 vs 12 months to 31-May-08
- AirTran traffic highlights for eight months to 30-Aug-08
- North America carriers domestic passenger capacity for the eight months ended 31-Aug-08
- AirTran Airways capacity (ASK) growth: Jan-04 to Aug-08
- Air Tran largest domestic markets (by capacity - seats): Week commencing 29-Sep-08
Please login to continue reading or find out more about CAPA Membership below.
This content is exclusively for CAPA Membership Subscribers
CAPA Membership gives you the latest aviation news and alerts, access to CAPA articles, reports, and our leading aviation data with optional premium add-ons.