AirTran Airways expects profitable 2009
AirTran Holdings Ltd expects to be profitable in every quarter of 2009, despite the global financial downturn. The company believes it will experience a significantly better result this year, based on current fuel prices, with the LCC expecting softening consumer demand to be offset by capacity cuts and strong ancillary revenue growth. [777 words]
Unlock the following content in this report:
- Reports drop in passenger traffic for Feb-2009
- Expands route network
- Continues to decrease capacity
Graphs and data:
- AirTran passenger numbers growth (% change year-on-year) and passenger load factors (%): Mar-08 to Feb-09
- AirTran Airways New Services 2009 (as of 30-Mar-09)
- AirTran Airways capacity growth (ASMs) and revenue growth (RPM): Mar-08 to Feb-09
- AirTran Airways fleet plans: 2009 to 2016: as at Feb-09
Please login to continue reading or find out more about CAPA Membership below.
This content is exclusively for CAPA Membership Subscribers
CAPA Membership gives you the latest aviation news and alerts, access to CAPA articles, reports, and our leading aviation data with optional premium add-ons.