AirTran Airways continues to cut capacity as traffic slides further
AirTran Airways cut its May-2009 capacity (ASMs) by a further 9.6% year-on-year in May-2009, but it did not to offset the 11.1% decline in passenger traffic, resulting in 1.3 ppt reduction in load factor to 78.0%. [870 words]
Unlock the following content in this report:
- Milwaukee expansion well underway
- Adds more gates at Milwaukee Airport to support expansion
- Fleet upgrade with Wi-Fi system
- Frequent flyer programme commences trading on Points.com
- Appoints new VP Flight Operations
Graphs and data:
- AirTran Airways capacity (ASMs) growth vs passenger traffic (RPMs) growth: Jun-2008 to May-2009
- AirTran Milwaukee operations: current and upcoming services
Please login to continue reading or find out more about CAPA Membership below.
This content is exclusively for CAPA Membership Subscribers
CAPA Membership gives you the latest aviation news and alerts, access to CAPA articles, reports, and our leading aviation data with optional premium add-ons.