Airports of Thailand (0%) announced it is targeting passenger number growth of 6% in the business year from Oct-2010. President of the company Serirat Prasutanond stated: "I don't think the baht's strength will have much of an impact on Thailand's tourism", as the THB is trading at a 13-year high, having risen 11.8% in 2010 and 3.3% in the past month.
- Passenger numbers: 3.3 million, +11.4% year-on-year;
- Cargo volume: 104,749 tonnes, +3.7%;
- Aircraft movements: 26,162, +0.5%.
See related CAPA profile: Traffic - Airports
CAAC reported the following financial highlights for the nation’s aviation industry in Sep-2010):
- Profit: USD1,108 million, compared with a profit of USD69.3 million in p-c-p;
- Airlines: USD999.8 million, compared with a profit of USD16.6 million in p-c-p;
- Airports: USD43.7 million, compared with a profit of USD96,364 in p-c-p.
*Based on the conversion rate at USD1 = CNY6.6415
Selected airports daily share price movements (% change): 15-Oct-2010
Want more analysis like this? CAPA Membership gives you access to all news and analysis on the site, along with access to many areas of our comprehensive databases and toolsets.
Find out more and take a free trial.