Airports Authority of India is facing funding shortfall for expansion as traffic remains low
Airports Authority of India reports total passenger numbers across India declined 12.6% year-on-year to 9.4 million in Dec-08. A slump in domestic passenger traffic influenced the overall decline, with domestic passenger numbers down 18.5% year-on-year. International traffic growth remained positive, rising 3.6% year-on-year to 2.95 million passengers. [895 words]
Unlock the following content in this report:
- Increases aeronautical charges and implements development fees to boost revenues
- Granted Miniratna Status by Government
- New Civil Aviation Requirements
- Duty free concessions up for retender
Graphs and data:
- Indian Airports passenger traffic by international and domestic: Jan-08 to Dec-08
- Details of modernisation and expansion of Chennai and Kolkata airports
Please login to continue reading or find out more about CAPA Membership below.
This content is exclusively for CAPA Membership Subscribers
CAPA Membership gives you the latest aviation news and alerts, access to CAPA articles, reports, and our leading aviation data with optional premium add-ons.