AirAsia X: Asia Pacific expansion on a roll
AirAsia X looks set to send its plans to expand in the Asia Pacific region on a roll with the carrier naming Sydney as its next target. Sydney will become the LCC’s fourth destination in Australia, after Perth, the Gold Coast and Melbourne. AirAsia X also named Darwin and Adelaide as potential destinations in its Australian network expansion. [1004 words]
Unlock the following content in this report:
- Australia LCCs now 16% of international traffic
- North Asia expansion
- European expansion also on the agenda
- Outlook: traffic to continue to surge ahead
Graphs and data:
- AirAsia X planned network: Jun-2009
- AirAsia and AirAsia X (in red) route network: Jun-2009
Please login to continue reading or find out more about CAPA Membership below.
This content is exclusively for CAPA Membership Subscribers
CAPA Membership gives you the latest aviation news and alerts, access to CAPA articles, reports, and our leading aviation data with optional premium add-ons.