Airports Authority of India fights for relevance - to conduct Kolkata and Chennai upgrades
India’s Ministry of Civil Aviation announced (14-Aug-08) the Indian Government officially approved the proposed modernisation and expansion of Kolkata and Chennai airports, with work scheduled to commence in Sep-08. The expansion of both airports will be managed and funded by the Airports Authority of India (AAI), as per the recommendations of the respective State governments. [830 words]
Unlock the following content in this report:
- Construction bidders line up for Kolkata terminal
- Chennai expansion to take off pressure existing facilities
Graphs and data:
- Details of modernsation and expansion of Kolkata and Chennai airports
- Kolkata Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose International Airport passenger traffic growth: Apr-07 to Apr-08
- Chennai International Airport traffic growth: Jan-06 to May-08
Please login to continue reading or find out more about CAPA Membership below.
This content is exclusively for CAPA Membership Subscribers
CAPA Membership gives you the latest aviation news and alerts, access to CAPA articles, reports, and our leading aviation data with optional premium add-ons.