A case of no pain no gain for WestJet?
WestJet CEO, Sean Durfy, is forecasting “short term pain” in 2Q2009 and 3Q2009, due to weak demand resulting from the global financial downturn and the swine flu outbreak, and lower fares as competition intensifies. [758 words]
Unlock the following content in this report:
- Unit revenue to add to the pain
- Load factor dips 5.4 ppts in May-2009
- Planned network expansion will go on, despite Southwest partnership delay
- Continues successful seasonal network expansion
- Cuts travel agent commissions
Graphs and data:
- WestJet share price movement: Jun-2008 to Jun-2009
- WestJet route map: Jun-2009
- WestJet recently announced seasonal services
Please login to continue reading or find out more about CAPA Membership below.
This content is exclusively for CAPA Membership Subscribers
CAPA Membership gives you the latest aviation news and alerts, access to CAPA articles, reports, and our leading aviation data with optional premium add-ons.