SAS Group passenger numbers up 3.6% – traffic highlights for Jun-2012:
- Passenger numbers: 2.6 million, +3.6% year-on-year;
- Scandinavian Airlines: 2.4 million, +3.5%;
- Wideroe: 239,000, +4.1%;
- Passenger load factor: 80.2%, -0.4 ppt;
- Scandinavian Airlines: 80.9%, -0.2 ppt;
- Wideroe: 61.3%, -4.2 ppts. [more – original PR]
SAS: “Currency adjusted yield (SAS) in May was down by 2.5% versus previous year but RASK was up 2.6% slightly higher than expectations. For Jun-2012 both yield and RASK (change vs last year) are expected to be slightly negative. The response to market campaigns is still good and forward booking levels are well above last year’s level. Overall, the market growth continues to be good, but remains unpredictable due to added capacity in certain markets, risk in the global economy and high jet fuel prices. This adds uncertainty to the yield and RASK outlook going forward.” Source: Company statement, 06-Jul-2012.