- Passenger numbers: 2.0 million, -15.7% year-on-year;
- Passenger load factor: 76.1%, +3.1 ppts;
- Scandinavian Airlines: 77.1%, +3.5 ppts;
- Widerøe: 62.1%, +3.6 ppts;
- Blue1: 69.5%, -1.8 ppt. [more]
SAS Group: “The yield for Scandinavian Airlines in July was down by 3.2% as expected. For August 2009, the change in yield is expected to be more negative indicating further yield pressure going forward. The summer leisure traffic developed well and combined with capacity reductions helped to improve load factor by 3.1 ppts in August. The yield pressure in combination with the weak demand adds further challenges to the industry and requires actions in order to mitigate the negative revenue impact,” Company statement. Source: SAS Group, 07-Sep-2009.