- Passenger numbers: 4.2 million, +26.2% year-on-year;
- Cargo volume: 347,000 tonnes, +28.6%:
- Aircraft movements: 24,795, +15.3%;
- Six months ended Jun-2010:
- Passenger numbers: 24.5 million, +9.3% year-on-year;
- Cargo volume: 2 million tonnes, +35.1%;
- Aircraft movements: 144,970, +4.9%. [more]
Airport Authority of Hong Kong: "We are confident that this momentum will continue into the summer, which is a seasonally busy time for holiday travel. We are seeing more airlines, both passenger and cargo, launching new routes, relaunching routes that had previously been suspended, and new airlines commencing new services to HKIA. In light of the expanded aviation services at HKIA and the continued rebound of the economy, we believe our annual passenger and cargo volume this year will likely exceed pre-crisis levels," Stanley Hui Hon-chung, CEO. Source: Hong Kong Airport, 19-Jul-2010.