IATA released (03-Feb-2011) its Jan-2011 Airlines Financial Health Monitor, which forecasts global airlines will report a return to profitability in the quarter ended 31-Dec-2010. Details of the preliminary results are as follows:
- Operating profit: USD1810 million, compared with a loss of USD304 million in p-c-p;
- Net profit (loss): USD91 million, compared with a loss of USD920 million in p-c-p;
- North America: (USD170 million), compared with a loss of USD679 million in p-c-p;
- Asia Pacific: USD96 million, compared with a loss of USD351 million in p-c-p;
- Europe: n/a;
- Latin America: USD165 million, +50.0%. [more]
IATA: “Fourth quarter financial results are starting to be released and, so far, are showing a similar pace of improvement to preceding quarters. Q4 is a seasonally weak quarter for most airlines but, compared to last year, all regions are improving,” Company statement. Source: IATA, 03-Feb-2011.