Air New Zealand stated (24-Feb-2012) it is aiming to make profit improvements of NZD195 million (USD162.2 million) by FY2015. The targeted improvements include a NZD110 (USD91.5 million) profit improvement on the airline’s long haul network as communicated at Air New Zealand’s Nov-2011 investor day and are as follows: [more – Original PR] [more - CAPA Analysis]
- Overhead costs: NZD60 million (USD49.9 million) by FY2013;
- Ancillary revenue: NZD40 million (USD33.3 million) by FY2014;
- Network: NZD60 million (USD49.9 million) by FY2014;
- Fleet: NZD35 million (USD29.1 million) by FY2015
- Supply chain and labour efficiency: project underway to identify further opportunities.