- Passenger numbers: 268.9 million, -1.2% year-on-year;
- Domestic: 148.4 million, +2%;
- International: 118.2 million, -4.9%;
- Cargo volume: 5.5 million tonnes, +20.7%;
- Domestic: 1.8 million tonnes, +11.2%;
- International: 3.5 million tonnes, +27.3%. [more]
ACI: "The growth scenario continues to be intact and we expect this anomaly to be a unique case as the volcano seems to have gone dormant, and operating procedures for similar situations in the future have been improved allowing for more flexible operations … International freight is still in catch-up mode continuing to provide hope for a sustained and broad economic recovery,” Andreas Schimm, Director of Economics for ACI World. Source: ACI, 03-Jun-2010.