- Passenger numbers: 19.5 million, +6.6% year-on-year;
- Passenger traffic (RPKs): +6.1%;
- Capacity (ASKs): +6.2%;
- Passenger load factor: 80%, -0.1 ppt;
- Cargo traffic (FTKs): -2.6%;
- Cargo load factor: 64.2%, -2.9 ppts. [more – original PR]
AAPA: "Asian airlines remain optimistic about the potential for further growth in passenger traffic, and are committed to maintaining their competitive edge with ongoing investments in fleet upgrades and network development, as well as a range of innovative new product and customer service initiatives. Less positively, Asian airlines have been badly affected by the extended slump in the air cargo market, with surplus freighter capacity depressing both rates and aircraft values. Whilst the outlook for further global economic growth remains positive, airlines continue to focus on delivering productivity improvements and remain vigilant in managing costs throughout the business," Andrew Herdman, AAPA Director General. Source: Company statement, 26-Aug-2013.