- Passenger numbers: 17.1 million, +9.3% year-on-year;
- Passenger traffic (RPKs): +6.4%;
- Capacity (ASKs): +3.6%;
- Passenger load factor: 77.5%, +2.0 ppts;
- Cargo traffic (FTKs): -13.2%;
- Cargo load factor: 63.2%, -3.2 ppts. [more – original PR]
AAPA: “Looking ahead, the ongoing recovery in the global economy should continue to drive further growth in passenger demand. At the same time, we remain hopeful that air freight demand will begin to pick up sometime this year, although surplus freighter capacity means that competitive pressures on rates are likely to persist,” Mr. Andrew Herdman, AAPA director general. Source: Company statement, 27-Mar-2013.