- Passenger numbers: 17.5 million, -0.1% year-on-year;
- Passenger traffic (RPKs): +0.5%;
- Capacity (ASKs): +1.0%;
- Passenger load factor: 78%, -0.3 ppt;
- Cargo traffic (FTKs): +4.3%;
- Cargo load factor: 62.8%, +2.9 ppts. [more – original PR]
AAPA: "Comparisons with last year are somewhat distorted by the difference in timing of the Chinese New Year holidays, affecting both passenger and cargo traffic flows. In line with the projected growth in the global economy, the outlook for passenger travel remains positive, underpinned by sustained growth in the Asian markets and other developing economies. Hopefully we could also see some signs of recovery in the air cargo market this year, but even so, cargo rates are likely to remain depressed due to considerable excess capacity in the industry,” Andrew Herdman, AAPA director general. Source: Company statement, 27-Feb-2013.