- Passenger numbers: 15.6 million, +14.8% year-on-year;
- Passenger load factor: 80.1%, +8.6 ppts;
- Cargo traffic (FTKs): +33.1%.
- 3 months ended Mar-2010:
- Passenger numbers: 44.8 million, +13.2%;
- Passenger load factor: 79.6%, +7.7 ppts;
- Cargo traffic (FTKs): +33.8%. [more]
AAPA: “I am pleased to note that, following the progressive reopening of European airspace, Asia Pacific airlines moved quickly to restore services, and have been mounting additional flights to clear the backlog of stranded passengers. Provided there are no further disruptions of this kind, the impact should be contained, with normal services expected to be fully restored within the coming days. Whilst this will undoubtedly affect the reported traffic performance for April, we remain confident that the underlying positive trends for travel and tourism, in terms of a broad-based economic recovery, will be sustained in the coming months,” Mr. Andrew Herdman, AAPA Director General. Source: AAPA, 23-Apr-2010.