Yields worsening for Norwegian Air Shuttle in Nov-2009
Scandinavia’s largest LCC, Norwegian Air Shuttle, reported further deep falls in yields last month, with an estimate of NOK0.55 (EUR 6.46 cents) for Nov-2009, a massive 21% reduction year-on-year. It follows an 11% reduction in Oct-2009. [624 words]
Unlock the following content in this report:
- Fifth month of yield contractions in the past 18 months
- Unit revenues also down by double-digits
- Norwegian still the best positioned Scandinavian carrier
- Shifting focus to Norwegian domestic market and Copenhagen
- Gains from fuel hedges
Graphs and data:
- Norwegian Air Shuttle yield growth: May-2008 to Nov-2009
- Norwegian Air Shuttle unit revenue (RASK) growth: Apr-2009 to Nov-2009
- Norwegian traffic highlights for Nov-2009
- Norwegian jet fuel hedge positions: Dec-2009
Please login to continue reading or find out more about CAPA Membership below.
This content is exclusively for CAPA Membership Subscribers
CAPA Membership gives you the latest aviation news and alerts, access to CAPA articles, reports, and our leading aviation data with optional premium add-ons.