Vueling's EBIT operating loss halved so far in 2008
Vueling halved its EBIT operating loss to EUR18.7 million in the nine months ended 30-Sep-08 (from an EBIT loss of EUR38.4 million in 3Q07), prompting a 35.2% increase in the carrier’s share price on 22-Oct-08, the largest increase since its IPO almost two years ago. [849 words]
Unlock the following content in this report:
- Ten-fold increase in net profit in 3Q08, as new strategy shows benefits
- Further fleet and capacity reductions planned
- Longer-term outlook brightens with proposed Vueling-clicker merger and airline failures within the Spanish market
Graphs and data:
- Vueling four strategic pillars (presented in May-08)
- Vueling fleet plan: 4Q07 to 1Q09
- Spanish airline failures/cessations: Sep-08/Oct-08
Please login to continue reading or find out more about CAPA Membership below.
This content is exclusively for CAPA Membership Subscribers
CAPA Membership gives you the latest aviation news and alerts, access to CAPA articles, reports, and our leading aviation data with optional premium add-ons.