Vueling reports first ever profit in 2008, ahead of clickair merger
Vueling provided an upbeat outlook for 1Q09, based on lower fuel prices and an expected increase in revenue per flight, after posting its first net profit of EUR8.5 million in 2008, aided by a EUR47 million tax credit on losses incurred since its launch in 2004. The profit compared to a EUR78.5 million net loss in 2007 and is a significant achievement for the LCC, especially in the current operating environment. [1811 words]
Unlock the following content in this report:
- Focused effort in 2008; network and fleet reductions enacted
- Fare and ancillary revenues per pax see healthy increase
- Improvement Plan shows signs of success
- Expects 1Q09 to be "very positive"
- Vueling-clickair merger continues to progress
- Vueling to codeshare with Iberia
- clickair and Vueling commence cross-selling of seats on all domestic and international services
Graphs and data:
- Vueling financial highlights for 12 months ended 31-Dec-08
- Vueling fleet plan: 4Q07 to 1Q09
- Vueling fleet reductions/increases: 1Q07 to 4Q08
- Vueling four strategic pillars
- The airlines involved in the formation of Neuve Vueling
- Vueling and Clickair fleet: Mar-09
- Spain domestic capacity breakdown by carrier (seats per week as % of total)
- Spain international capacity breakdown by carrier (seats per week as % of total)
Please login to continue reading or find out more about CAPA Membership below.
This content is exclusively for CAPA Membership Subscribers
CAPA Membership gives you the latest aviation news and alerts, access to CAPA articles, reports, and our leading aviation data with optional premium add-ons.