Virgin puts the brakes on V Australia aircraft deliveries
The global economic downturn has thrown another wrench into the gears of Virgin Blue’s long-haul international offshoot, V Australia. Virgin announced on 23-Apr-09 that it has delayed the delivery of V Australia’s fifth and sixth B777-300ERs, which were due to be delivered in 2010. The delivery of these aircraft has now been rescheduled to 2011 and 2012. [1323 words]
Unlock the following content in this report:
- Fares dive on trans-Pacific market
- Group wide capacity readjustment
- Getting connected: New international interlining agreements
- Domestic expansion: New services to the North and South
Graphs and data:
- Virgin Blue share price growth: Apr-08 to Apr-09
- Virgin Blue passenger traffic growth (RPK) vs passenger capacity growth (ASK): Mar-08 to Feb-09
- Australian domestic airfares: Apr-08 to Apr-09
Please login to continue reading or find out more about CAPA Membership below.
This content is exclusively for CAPA Membership Subscribers
CAPA Membership gives you the latest aviation news and alerts, access to CAPA articles, reports, and our leading aviation data with optional premium add-ons.