Virgin Blue Group - No need to raise capital or equity; balance sheet remains strong
Virgin Blue CEO, Brett Godfrey, stated he expects further airline mergers in the current challenging environment. Mr Godfrey also stated it was difficult to predict how long the economic crisis would last, but stated the carrier is “planning the business to make it recession-proof for probably the next 18 months to two years”. [1749 words]
Unlock the following content in this report:
- Considering further domestic capacity reductions
- Can weather a 5% workforce reduction
- Continues to upgrade Premium product; to open 'The Lounge' at Perth Airport
- V Australia B777 deliveries to be delayed in light of delayed launch
- Pacific Blue's rapid expansion continues
Graphs and data:
- Virgin Blue outcomes from its ongoing review
Please login to continue reading or find out more about CAPA Membership below.
This content is exclusively for CAPA Membership Subscribers
CAPA Membership gives you the latest aviation news and alerts, access to CAPA articles, reports, and our leading aviation data with optional premium add-ons.