Virgin Australia's shares were flat yesterday amid a sharply stronger day on the Australian Stock Exchange as it revealed a 4.8% reduction in passenger numbers last month.
- Passenger numbers: 1.5 million, -4.8% year-on-year;
- Domestic: 1.3 million, -2.1%;
- International: 200,703, -19.2%;
- Load factor: 79.8%, +2.1 ppts;
- Domestic: 81.2%, +1.7 ppts;
- International: 78%, +3.0 ppts;
- Average aircraft in fleet: 88, +5.3%;
- On-time performance: 79.5%, -7.7 ppts.
Selected APAD daily share price movements (% change): 26-May-2011
Want more analysis like this? CAPA Membership gives you access to all news and analysis on the site, along with access to many areas of our comprehensive databases and toolsets.
Find out more and take a free trial.