Vienna International Airport passenger traffic rose 8.7% year-on-year in 2010, with 19.1 million passengers. Cargo traffic was up 16.5%. The airport expects to increase passenger traffic by 5% and aircraft movements by 2% in 2011.
The airport stated it recorded strong growth in 2010 on services to eastern Europe (+13.8%) and the Middle East (+10.5%). Frankfurt remains to biggest market, followed by London and Zurich. On long-haul segments, Bangkok is the biggest market, followed by Tokyo and New York.
MAp reported the following 2010 traffic highlights for its investment airports:
- Sydney: 35.6 million, +7.8%;
- Domestic: 24.12 million, +8.1%;
- International: 11.3 million, +6.9%;
- Copenhagen: 21.5 million, +9.1%;
- Domestic: 1.8 million, +24.3%;
- International: 14.4 million, +7.9%;
- Transfer: 5.3 million, +7.8%;
- Brussels: 17.1 million, +1.1%;
- Intra-EU: 10.5 million, -1.8%;
- Extra-EU: 6.6 million, +6.1%.
Shares in MAp were unchanged in trading yesterday. The stock has gained 2.8% this year.
Selected airport daily share price movements (% change): 19-Jan-2011
Want more analysis like this? CAPA Membership gives you access to all news and analysis on the site, along with access to many areas of our comprehensive databases and toolsets.
Find out more and take a free trial.