Turkish civil aviation sector thrives on competition – and grows
Rising competition within the Turkish civil aviation sector, especially from LCCs, has prompted incumbent airlines to upgrade aircraft and improve quality of service. Since bursting onto the scene in 2005, Turkish LCCs have maintained a steady domestic market share of around 21-22%, while the LCC segment's international share has risen from 3% in 2005/06 to around 9-10%. [1111 words]
Unlock the following content in this report:
- Pegasus Airlines’ route and fleet expansion continues
- SunExpress’ boom start to 2009, following a solid 2008
Graphs and data:
- Turkey domestic capacity (seats per month), LCCs vs Full Service Airlines: Jun-2001 to Jun-2009
- Turkey international capacity (seats per month), LCCs vs Full Service Airlines: Jun-2001 to Jun-2009
- Pegasus Airlines fleet in service
- Pegasus Airlines fleet delivery schedule
- SunExpress fleet in service
- Anadolu Jet fleet in service
Please login to continue reading or find out more about CAPA Membership below.
This content is exclusively for CAPA Membership Subscribers
CAPA Membership gives you the latest aviation news and alerts, access to CAPA articles, reports, and our leading aviation data with optional premium add-ons.