The A380: Three years in, where next for Airbus’ giant?
The A380 is entering its third year of commercial service, and, despite continued operational niggles and production difficulties at the manufacturer, the aircraft is a hit with both passengers and airlines. Its combination of exclusivity, large capacity and excellent efficiency have pleased Airbus’ customers, although orders for the type are increasingly elusive. [2721 words]
Unlock the following content in this report:
- Deployment concentrated on key routes
- Where next for the A380?
- Slow orders, will the A380 break even?
- More seats coming on the A380
- Production still a concern for EADS and Airbus
- Technical issues still dogging the type
- Will 2010 be a better year for the A380?
Graphs and data:
- A380 routes: Jan-2009
- Current and future A380 routes
- Airbus A380 orders by year
- A380 orders, options and deliveries
- Known A380 configurations
- International premium ticket volume and revenue growth
Please login to continue reading or find out more about CAPA Membership below.
This content is exclusively for CAPA Membership Subscribers
CAPA Membership gives you the latest aviation news and alerts, access to CAPA articles, reports, and our leading aviation data with optional premium add-ons.