Strong traffic in Jun-2009 fuels speculation of a recovery in Brazilian air travel demand
Brazil’s National Civil Aviation Agency (ANAC) reported strong Brazilian traffic figures for Jun-2009 (and 1H2009), with total domestic market traffic (RPKs) rising 9.4% year-on-year and international traffic gaining 2.6%.
Unlock the following content in this report:
- …but load factors remain under pressure
- Yield pressure in the domestic market during weak Jun-2009 travel period
- GOL: Aiming to report a profit in 2009 by focusing on domestic operations
- Azul captures 4.3% market share; exceeding 2009 targets
- Azul: Expects to make monthly profits by the end of 2009
Graphs and data:
- ANAC domestic traffic highlights for Jun-2009
- GOL 2009 and 2010 Consolidated Guidance: Apr-2009
- Brazil domestic capacity breakdown by carrier (seats per week as % of total)
- Azul route network: Jul-2009
- Azul current and future (until 2011) fleet: Jul-2009
Please login to continue reading or find out more about CAPA Membership below.
This content is exclusively for CAPA Membership Subscribers
CAPA Membership gives you the latest aviation news and alerts, access to CAPA articles, reports, and our leading aviation data with optional premium add-ons.