SpiceJet turns the corner, returns to profitability
Delhi-based SpiceJet returned to profitability in the three months ended 30-Jun-2009, reporting a net profit of USD5.5 million (compared to a USD26.8 million loss in the previous corresponding period), helped by lower fuel costs. The LCC’s turnaround in the current environment is described by CEO, Sanjay Aggarwal, as an “amazing result”. [661 words]
Unlock the following content in this report:
- Passenger traffic steadily recovering
- Expects to breakeven of 2010
- Outlook: Yields to come under increased pressure
Graphs and data:
- SpiceJet operating profit margin and net profit margin: 4QFY2008 to 1QFY2010
- SpiceJet financial highlights for three months ended 30-Jun-09
- SpiceJet passenger numbers and passenger number growth: 1QFY08 to 4QFY09
- SpiceJet market share: Jul-2006 to Jun-2009
- SpiceJet share price growth: Jun-08 to Jul-09
Please login to continue reading or find out more about CAPA Membership below.
This content is exclusively for CAPA Membership Subscribers
CAPA Membership gives you the latest aviation news and alerts, access to CAPA articles, reports, and our leading aviation data with optional premium add-ons.