Russia and the EU agree on ending Siberian overflight charges
Negotiations between the EU and Russia over the latter’s entry to the WTO will result in a normalisation of bilateral air services agreements between EU states and Russia and an overhaul of the long-maligned Russian overflight rules and charges. Once Russia joins the WTO – potentially within six to 12 months - it will adjust the way it imposes fees on European airlines for the right use airspace over Siberia. [982 words]
Instantly get access to this article now for USD15.00.
This report contains the following subheadings:
- Resolving long-running issue
- Savings for EU carriers
- Normalising EU-Russian aviation relations
- Reforming the system
This report contains the following charts and tables:
- Russian Area Control Centre consolidation plan (2015)
CAPA Help Centre
- Forgotten your password?
- Forgotten your CAPA Membership level?
- Contact us today about a CAPA Membership quote!
Telephone: +61 2 9241 3200