Paris 2011: SAS opens chequebook at Air Show, rethinks Nordic strategy
Scandinavian carrier SAS captured headlines on the first day of the Paris Air Show, with an order for 30 A320neo aircraft and an option for 11 more, to be powered by CFM’s LEAP-X engine. The airline, which has struggled to make money in recent years, has also announced plans to adjust its strategy in Northern Europe. [1318 words]
Instantly get access to this article now for USD15.00.
This report contains the following subheadings:
- Leahy claims (premature) victory
- neos simply part of wider fleet plans
- SAS rethinks Blue1 strategy, fleet rationalisation on the way
- A new SAS?
This report contains the following charts and tables:
- Blue1 destinations, Jun-2011
- Selected European carriers intra-Europe passenger numbers and passenger numbers growth: May-2011
CAPA Help Centre
- Forgotten your password?
- Forgotten your CAPA Membership level?
- Contact us today about a CAPA Membership quote!
Telephone: +61 2 9241 3200