Ottawa Airport maintains robust performance despite being in Montreal's shadow
Canada must have one of the least used capital city airports in the developed world, along with Canberra in Australia. Both are government-dominated cities located away from the commercial mainstream: Montreal and Toronto in Ottawa’s case and Melbourne and Sydney in Canberra’s. But while Canberra was the only major Australian airport to record a loss of total traffic in FY2010/11 (a mild decline at -0.5%), Ottawa has undergone something of turnaround in the last 12 months and looks forward to the future with confidence. But could it do better still? [2158 words]
Instantly get access to this article now for USD15.00.
This report contains the following subheadings:
- Largest city region whose airport is not a hub
- Award winner
- Drowning in rent payments
- Twist or stick?
- Future growth: LCCs?
This report contains the following charts and tables:
- Ottawa International Airport financial and operational highlights (CAD millions): 2011
- Passenger volume: 2008-2012
- Ottawa International Airport capacity, seats per week: 14-May-2012 to 20-May-2012
- Ottawa International Airport Network Summary: 20-May-2012
CAPA Help Centre
- Forgotten your password?
- Forgotten your CAPA Membership level?
- Contact us today about a CAPA Membership quote!
Telephone: +61 2 9241 3200