Oman Air to continue with expansion plans in 2009, despite USD111.2 million net loss in 2008
Oman Air forecast it will continue to make losses in the medium term, following a net loss of USD111.2 million for the 12 months ended 31-Dec-09. CEO, Peter Hill stated the carrier will report losses again in 2009 due to the continuation of the global financial downturn and significant investments it plans to make during the period. [1005 words]
Unlock the following content in this report:
- Receives USD650 million in government funding
- Plans to grow tourism by 400% by 2012
- Plans to increase capacity by 27% in 2009
- Continuing to expand internationally
- Joins IATP
Graphs and data:
- Oman Air financial highlights for 12 months ended 31-Dec-09
- Oman Air Passenger Traffic and Percentage Growth: 2004-2008
- Oman Air Route Network: May-09
Please login to continue reading or find out more about CAPA Membership below.
This content is exclusively for CAPA Membership Subscribers
CAPA Membership gives you the latest aviation news and alerts, access to CAPA articles, reports, and our leading aviation data with optional premium add-ons.