Asia Pacific airports were mixed, with Hainan Meilan International Airport and Shanghai Airport leading the declines, both closing down 1.9%. Shenzhen Airport eased 0.9%, despite reporting resilient traffic results in Jun-2009:
- Passenger numbers: 1.8 million, +15.8% year-on-year;
- Cargo volume: 47,800 tonnes, -3.0%;
- Aircraft movements: 15,900, +10.8%;
- Six months ended 30-Jun-2009:
- Passenger numbers: 11.9 million, +12.1%;
- Cargo volume: 268,100 tonnes, -12.0%;
- Aircraft movements: 98,100, +5.3%.
In Europe, Ferrovial, parent of BAA, also closed lower, down 3.8%, as Credit Suisse downgraded the group from 'outperform' to 'underperform', casting doubt on the group’s ability to inject up to USD2.6 billion in fresh capital to ease BAA’s debt load.
Selected airports daily share price movements (% change): 08-Jul-2009
Want more analysis like this? CAPA Membership gives you access to all news and analysis on the site, along with access to many areas of our comprehensive databases and toolsets.
Find out more and take a free trial.