Shares in airport operator, MAp dipped 1.4% yesterday, ahead of today's traffic report for Sydney (MAp – 74% stakeholder) and Brussels (MAp – 39% stakeholder) airports. Both airports, in the Pacific and Europe regions, witnessed growth in passenger traffic in Jun-2010.
Sydney Airport reported 13.2% growth to 2.7 million passengers in Jun-2010, led by a 13.6% increase in domestic and 11.9% jump in international traffic. For the six months ended Jun-2010, the airport handled 17.1 million passengers, up 9.4% year-on-year as domestic passengers increased by 9.5% and international by 8.9%.
Brussels Airport handled 1.6 million passengers in Jun-2010, representing a 1.6% year-on-year gain. However, for the six months ended Jun-2010 passenger numbers reduced by 2.6% year-on-year to 7.7 million.
MAp shares rebounded 1.77% in early trade on the ASX today. See CAPA Airport Operator/Investor profile on MAp Airports Ltd
MAp’s other investments include:
- Copenhagen Airport (30.8%) – closed flat yesterday
- Mexico’s ASUR (16%) – +0.8% yesterday.
The full traffic reports for Sydney and Brussels airports are published in today’s edition of Airport Business Daily. Other traffic headlines today include:
- Tampa reports 2.3% drop in Jun-2010 pax;
- Harrisburg reports 8% rise in Jun-2010 pax;
- Austin Bergstrom International Airport reports 6% rise in May-2010 pax;
- Dublin Airport reports 16% drop in 1H2010 pax;
- Madrid-Barajas reports 4.3% rise in Jun-2010 pax;
- UAE's GCAA reports 11.3% rise in Jun-2010 aircraft movements;
- Melbourne Airport reports 10% jump in pax for three months ended Jun-2010;
- Hong Kong Airport reports 26.2% jump in Jun-2010 pax
Selected airports daily share price movements (% change): 19-Jul-2010
Want more analysis like this? CAPA Membership gives you access to all news and analysis on the site, along with access to many areas of our comprehensive databases and toolsets.
Find out more and take a free trial.