Longer-term outlook brightens with proposed clickair-Vueling merger
Clickair, which transported its ten millionth passenger in Nov-08 in just over two years of operations, is set to benefit from its proposed merger with Vueling in a move aimed at rationalising competition in the cut-throat Spanish low cost market. The carrier’s outlook has also received a boost with the failure of four Spanish airlines within the past couple of months, although this reduction of competition could lead regulators to take a dim view towards any further market consolidation. [1145 words]
Unlock the following content in this report:
- Spanish market will see more LCC consolidation
- LCCs overtake traditional airlines in Spain for the first time in Sep-08
- "Not afraid" to adopt traditional legacy airline practices
Graphs and data:
- Spanish airline failures/cessations: Sep-08/Oct-08
- Spain international capacity breakdown by carrier (seats per week as % of total): Week commencing 24-Nov-08
- LCC market capacity (seats): 2006-2008E
- Clickair business product enhancements: 2008
Please login to continue reading or find out more about CAPA Membership below.
This content is exclusively for CAPA Membership Subscribers
CAPA Membership gives you the latest aviation news and alerts, access to CAPA articles, reports, and our leading aviation data with optional premium add-ons.