France’s JCDecaux reported revenue rose 22.5% in 2010, with turnover from its transport segment more than doubling, albeit of a relatively small base. Net profit was EUR169.3 million for the year, compared with EUR34.5 million in 2009. Jean-Charles Decaux, Chairman and CEO stated the company's positive momentum has continued and announced an organic revenue growth forecast for 1Q2011 of around 6%. JCDecaux shares closed 1.1% lower in trading on Wednesday. gategroup shares gained 2.7%.
JCDecaux reported the following financial highlights for the 12 months to 31-Dec-2010:
- Revenue: EUR2350 million, +22.5% year-on-year;
- Transport: EUR115.4 million, +107.6%;
- Operating margin: EUR55.4 million, +41.7%;
- EBIT: EUR279 million, +127.2%;
- Net profit: EUR169.3 million, +390.7%;
- Total assets: EUR4064 million, +4.8%;
- Total liabilities: EUR1841 million, -1.6%.
Selected Duty Free daily share price movements (% change): 09-Mar-2011
Want more analysis like this? CAPA Membership gives you access to all news and analysis on the site, along with access to many areas of our comprehensive databases and toolsets.
Find out more and take a free trial.