IndiGo: strong passenger traffic and market share growth continues in Mar-2009
29th April, 2009
IndiGo was one of the few Indian LCCs to report growth in demand in Mar-2009. The LCC handled 420,000 passengers last month, an increase of 13.9% year-on-year. The carrier also reported a load factor of 70% for the month - a healthy result by Indian domestic standards. [461 words]
Unlock the following contents in this report:
- Denies talks of merger with SpiceJet; reportedly in talks for alliance with South American Airways
- Awards maintenance deal to Sri Lankan Airlines
Graphs and data:
- IndiGo passenger numbers and passenger numbers growth (% change year-on-year): Apr-08 to Mar-09
- IndiGo domestic market share: Sep-06 to Mar-09
- Indigo Fleet Plans: 2010 to 2016
Please login to continue reading or find out more about CAPA Membership below.
This content is exclusively for CAPA Membership Subscribers
CAPA Membership gives you the latest aviation news and alerts, access to CAPA articles, reports, and our leading aviation data with optional premium add-ons.