Indian non-metro airport development: What is left for foreign investors?
As the Airports Authority of India (AAI) prepares to invite public private partnership (PPP) in the landside development of non-metro airports, there is increased pressure on the authority to enhance its commercial approach to operating Indian airports. Landside development through PPP includes commercial development of airport real estate for non-aeronautical activities. [2576 words]
Unlock the following content in this report:
- Seeking to bridge a funding shortfall for the upgrade of 35 non-metro airports
- Greenfield airports add to the list of development projects
- 32 non-operational airports, increases needs to improve commercial approach
- AAI continues with landmark projects – Chennai and Kolkata
- But not without cost to passengers
- Upcoming airport cities: Bengal and Mohali
Graphs and data:
- AAI completed projects for non-metro airports: Dec-2009
- AAI outstanding projects for non-metro airports: Dec-2009
- AAI non-operational airports: Dec-2009
- Details of modernisation and expansion of Chennai and Kolkata airports
Please login to continue reading or find out more about CAPA Membership below.
This content is exclusively for CAPA Membership Subscribers
CAPA Membership gives you the latest aviation news and alerts, access to CAPA articles, reports, and our leading aviation data with optional premium add-ons.